Amazon

Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring Has Sprung!!

It looks like Winter, and it's ugly Polar Vortexes, are finally on their way out. At least in the South, that is. That is the great thing about having family and a place to stay in Tennessee... I can come down here when I've had enough snow and ice, enough gray skies and sub zero temperatures, and catch the beginning of Spring 😊

Woods Violet (on the side of the road in Tn)

We are getting ready to return to Illinois. Sadly, I don't think Winter has entirely removed its claws from the North...but, soon enough, I will get to start a second Spring. I am already planning how to arrange our patio to enjoy warm evenings, bonfires, and grilling.

Forsythia (growing in my mother's woods in Tn)

I have to admit, while Illinois summers never seem to heat up to the temperatures I'm used to (high 90s - low 100s are what I think of when I think of Summer), they have the market cornered on some truly gorgeous Summer nature. The nature preserves are awesome, the parks are incredible, and even our lawn is soooo much greener than anything in Tn. It must be all that melted snow and ice that greens things up!

Buttercup (by my mother's back fence in Tn)

Hopefully, we will be seeing some of the prettiest flowers Illinois has to offer here very shortly. In the meantime, enjoy these beauties from Tennessee (I sure am!)




No comments:

Post a Comment